The Fleet Phospho-soda settlement was approved and theclaims deadline was September 22, 2011. This settlement has concluded and all claims have been paid.
For further information, please refer to the long form notice, claim form, and press release.
- Notice of Settlement Approval
- Notice of Settlement Approval (French)
- Claim Form
- Instructions for Claim Form
- Claim Form (French)
- Instructions for Claim Form (French)
- Press Release – May 25, 2011
- Press Release – May 25, 2011 (French)
- Frequently Asked Questions about the Fleet Phospho-soda Settlement
UPDATE (April 27, 2011): We are pleased to announce that the settlement has been approved by the Ontario Superior Court of Justice. Further notice with respect to making a claim (including a copy of the claim form) will be posted in the near future.
- Ontario Court Decision re Settlement Approval – April 27, 2011 [PDF Document]
- Reasons re Settlement Approval - April 27, 2011 [PDF Document]
UPDATE (March 26, 2011): We are pleased to announce that a settlement has been reached in this action:
On October 23, 2007, Siskinds filed a class proceeding against Fleet with respect to the oral laxative Fleet Phospho-soda. Use of Fleet Phospho-soda has been associated with an increased risk of developing renal problems.
On December 11, 2008, Fleet announced that they were recalling all of their over-the-counter Phospho-soda products from the market.
For further information concerning the Phospho-soda class action, please complete the contact form below.