The Professionals Practice Group at Siskinds has extensive experience dealing with many different legal issues that physicians encounter throughout their careers, both professionally and personally. We understand that each stage of a physician’s career will attract different legal needs and considerations. The needs of a newer physician are different than those of a physician who is in the middle of his or her career, or one who is nearing retirement from practice. As busy professionals, physicians may experience rapid change as their careers and personal circumstances advance. We recognize the unique legal and business requirements that physicians are faced with, and our experience in advising physicians on a variety of legal issues allows us to offer a comprehensive, multi-disciplinary suite of services tailored to assist physicians throughout their personal life, their career, and into retirement.
Some of the specific legal services we provide, tailored to physicians, include:
- incorporating, organizing and maintaining a professional corporation or corporations
- regulatory compliance with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO)
- corporate reorganization and restructuring
- agreements between physicians and hospitals
- agreements among physicians, including Family Health Organizations (FHO)
- purchase and sale of medical practices
- partnership, fee-sharing, cost-sharing, and shareholder agreements
- commercial and residential real estate and leasing
- employment matters
- high net worth estate and succession planning
- wills and powers of attorney
- cyber security and privacy
For more information on our services or how we can help, please feel free to contact us.
Incorporation to Retirement
A multi-disciplinary suite of services tailored to assist physicians
Incorporating a medicine professional corporation can bring significant advantages. We work directly with tax advisors and accountants to ensure the most appropriate corporate structure is established in order to achieve long term goals.
Estate Planning for Professionals
As you progress in your career, your estate plan may become more complex. Dual wills may be used to protect certain eligible assets from estate and administration tax.
Retirement and Succession Planning
The development of an effective succession plan for your medical practice is a key part of ensuring a smooth transition into retirement.
News & Views
The more you understand, the easier it is to manage well.View Blog
Physicians and dentists: The process of incorporating a professional practice
Physicians and dentists in Ontario are permitted to incorporate a professional corporation t…