Occupational Health and Safety law involves the representation of employers dealing with issues under Ontario's Occupational Health and Safety Act or, in the case of employers which are federally regulated, the Canada Labour Code. Increasingly, the obligations and potential liabilities under these statutes represent a significant responsibility and risk for employers. We offer assistance with a wide variety of related matters, including:
- design and drafting of health and safety programs and policies;
- facilitation of workplace violence assessments and audits;
- staff education and training;
- investigations and support in the event of workplace accidents or allegations of harassment;
- representation on charges filed under applicable legislation in the event of workplace accidents;
- representation on applications filed by employees or unions before labour relations boards.