The Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) Program is for skilled workers with foreign work experience who wish to immigrate to Canada permanently.
In order to be eligible to apply, an applicant must have the following to qualify:
- Must have at least 67 points based on 6 selection factors (age, education, work experience, arranged employment/job offer, English/French language skills, adaptability).
- Must have at least 1 year of full-time skilled work experience (or equivalent part-time experience) in the same job (in a NOC Level 0, A, or B) within the last 10 years (must be paid work).
- Must pass language test with a score of CLB 7 in all 4 abilities (listening, reading, writing, speaking) – the test must be taken through either IELTS, CELPIP, or TEF.
- Must have ECA (Educational Credentials Evaluation), or Canadian education – ECA must be through one of the IRCC’s designated organizations.
- Must have proof of funds (meet the minimum required funds for your family size) – unless you are currently working in Canada on a work permit, and have a valid job offer.
- Must meet the general admissibility requirements.