Ontario municipalities have demonstrated their commitment to brownfield redevelopment by investing in a wide variety of incentive programs for contaminated sites that include Community Improvement Plans (CIPs). Now, there is a consolidated source for locating active municipal brownfields financial incentive programs.
* A compendium of municipal Community Improvement Plans http://www.mah.gov.on.ca/AssetFactory.aspx?did=8982 with brownfields components, including:
* Municipal staff contacts and links to municipal websites
* PDF copies of CIP policies, where available
* Geographic extent of the policies
* A high-level summary of the types of incentives offered
* Brief descriptions to help categorize the key types of financial incentives available.
* A map of municipalities http://www.mah.gov.on.ca/AssetFactory.aspx?did=8901 with approved or draft CIP’s with brownfields components.