519 672 2121
Close mobile menu

Please Note: We do not assist with finding a job in Canada.

Depending on the length of your program of study in Canada, you may be eligible for a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP). The validity of your PGWP depends on the length of your study program.

If your study program was:

  • Less than 8 months –not eligible for a PGWP;
  • More than 8 months but less than 2 years – you may apply for a PGWP that is valid for up to the same length as your study program;
  • 2 years or more – you may apply for a PGWP that is valid for 3 years;
  • If you completed more than 1 program – you may apply for a PGWP that combines the length of each program. Each program completed must be PGWP eligible and at least 8 months in length.

You must apply for your PGWP within 180 days of successfully completing your program of study and receiving your final mark. You do not have to wait until graduation to apply for a PGWP.

You can apply for a PGWP only once. If you already held a PGWP after completing a previous program of study in Canada, you cannot apply for another PGWP.

Once you submit your application for a PGWP within Canada, you may start working full-time while you are waiting on the processing of your application.

The PGWP validity cannot be issued beyond the expiry date of the passport. If your PGWP permit has been issued for a lesser period due to the expiration of your passport, contact us to assist you with the work permit renewal. We often assist our clients to extend their PGWPs.

Our team can assist you to apply a PGWP and to discuss work permit application eligibility for your spouse or common-law partner.

Our Team

Learn more about Elena Ashford.

Elena Ashford

Associate - Immigration Law
Learn more about Angela Belair.

Angela Belair

Immigration Consultant - Immigration Law