519 672 2121
Close mobile menu

Eligible Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada can sponsor their parents and/or grandparents to Canada. The number of sponsorships accepted each year is capped and there is a minimum income requirement for sponsors which is based on the past three income tax filing years.

The sponsor must be aware that by agreeing to sponsor your parents or grandparents, you must sign an undertaking, promising to provide financial support for the basic needs of your parents or grandparents once they become a permanent resident of Canada. If they receive social assistance, you will have to pay back what they have received during the time that you are legally responsible for them. The undertaking lasts for 20 years after your parent/grandparent becomes a permanent resident of Canada.

Contact us to find out whether the Parent and Grandparent Sponsorship program is currently open and to discuss any alternative options.

Our Team

Learn more about Angela Belair.

Angela Belair

Immigration Consultant - Immigration Law
Learn more about Elena Ashford.

Elena Ashford

Associate - Immigration Law