Our team often assists our business clients to prepare business invitation letters to invite someone on a business visit to Canada, whether it be for meetings, training, attending a conference, or other business needs. We ensure that the business visitor applicant has all the necessary documentation to enter Canada.
Business visitors come to Canada temporarily to take part in international business activities without entering the Canadian labour market. The purpose of the business visit must align with one of the following business purposes:
- advance business relationships
- look for ways to grow business
Business visitors do not require work permits, as they do not enter the labour market in Canada. They usually come to Canada for a few days or weeks, and are able to stay in Canada as business visitors for up to 6 months.
Activities you may conduct as a business visitor include:
- going to meetings, conferences, conventions or trade fairs;
- buying Canadian goods or services for a foreign business or government;
- taking orders for goods or services;
- giving after-sales service (managing, not doing hands-on labour);
- training employees of a Canadian branch of a foreign company;
- being trained by a Canadian parent company that you work for outside Canada;
- being trained by a Canadian company that has sold you services or equipment.
In some cases, the business visitor application must be made at the Canadian visa office outside of Canada for a business visa to be issued. If the business visitor is a citizen of a visa-exempt country, they may still need a valid Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) before coming to Canada (e.g. citizens of the United Kingdom).
Our team often assists our business clients to prepare business invitation letters to invite someone on a business visit to Canada. We ensure that the business visitor applicant has all the necessary documentation to enter Canada.
If you are a business visitor who is planning to stay in Canada for over 6 months or to work in Canada, you may have to apply for a temporary work permit. We help you to determine whether you need a work permit and can assist you with the work permit application process.