Siskinds Franchise, Licensing & Distribution Group works closely with manufacturers as they grow and expand their product or service distribution systems.
Our services to manufacturers typically include:
- Intellectual property protection in Canada and abroad.
- Structuring of the Canadian corporate entity structure to achieve ownership goals, including preparation of shareholders agreements, stock option agreements, and executive compensation schemes.
- Consideration of whether distribution, dealership, agency, representative, franchise, joint venture, partnership or employment is the best vehicle to accomplish your distribution goals.
- Avoidance of franchise legislation in Canada, the U.S. and abroad.
- Preparation of proper forms of documentation, including supply agreements, distributorship agreements, sales representative agreements, and management employment agreements.
- Assistance with corporate structuring decisions, including consideration of the use of branch plants for foreign operations, and incorporation and structuring of Canadian and foreign entity structures.
- Business immigration advice regarding travel, temporary employment, visas, NAFTA and immigration requirements.
- Warranty drafting and creation of specific contract terms for large custom order goods.
- Product liability litigation defence.
- Dealer termination.
- International expansion issues.
Siskinds experience in the nuances of product distribution has positioned us as a leader in the field. More importantly, we work with our clients to address both the business and legal issues necessary to position them for success.