Our trademarks practice group includes experienced lawyers and trademark agents that have the knowledge and expertise to advise clients on how to leverage trademarks to build and protect their brand in Canadian and international markets.
The services offered by our trademarks practice group cover all matters relating to trademarks, including establishment, acquisition, registration, use, and enforcement. With a focus on the Canadian market, our experience and network of reputable and experienced agents around the globe also allows us to help local clients develop strategies for the establishment and maintenance of international trademark portfolios. For foreign-based clients, we are well positioned to provide advice and assistance on the particulars of Canadian trademark law and its differences from the laws in other jurisdictions.
With one of the largest trademark practice groups in Southwestern Ontario, Siskinds is your source for quality, affordable and practical legal services for the development and maintenance of your business’ brand.
Our trademarks practice group provides the following services:
- trademark registrability searching and opinions for proposed trademarks;
- preparing and filing trademark applications nationally and internationally;
- trademark opposition and cancellation proceedings;
- trademark portfolio management assistance and advice;
- negotiating and drafting trademark licenses and assignments;
- providing opinions on trademark infringement and validity issues;
- trademark enforcement and litigation, including preparation of, or responding to, cease and desist letters; and
- providing advice and conducting domain name disputes before administrative tribunals.