Whether between related parties and entities, or involving third-parties, properly structuring a license, acquisition or sale of intellectual property rights is crucial in order to properly secure, maintain and commercialize those rights. Given the intangible nature of intellectual property rights, it is important that agreements relating to such rights are well-drafted and clear. Doing so upfront will help ensure that parties have well-defined and successful relationships and will help reduce the likelihood of costly litigation in the future.
The services offered by our licensing and transactions practice group cover all matters relating to the drafting and negotiation of agreements concerning the licensing or assignment of intellectual property rights. From smaller transactions involving partners, employees or related companies, to large-scale licensing and sales transactions involving international third-parties, our group’s considerable experience in this area will help ensure that any such agreements are clear and concise so that parties fully understand their rights and obligations.
With one of the largest intellectual property practice groups in Southwestern Ontario, Siskinds is your source for quality, affordable and practical legal services relating to licenses and transactions involving intellectual property.
Licensing and Transactions Services
Our licensing and transactions practice group provides the following services:
- due diligence for transactions involving intellectual property rights;
- drafting and negotiation of agreements of purchase and sale, concerning intellectual property rights;
- drafting and negotiation of agreements granting security interests in intellectual property rights;
- drafting and negotiation of licenses for the use intellectual property rights;
- drafting and negotiation of confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements;
- drafting and negotiation of agreements covering intellectual property rights developed by or in conjunction with employees, consultants or independent contractors;
- drafting and negotiation of agreements relating to joint ventures, research collaborations and invention development collaborations;
- drafting and negotiation of supply and distribution agreements.